Fall Bucket List: Top Things to Do and See
Tuesday Sep 06th, 2022
The weather is changing, and you know what that means! Fall is just around the corner. While many of us are grieving the loss of long days and warm nights, there's nothing quite like that pull of autumn. Watching the foliage transform into a thing of beauty during crisp autumn days, getting cozy in those knits you put away last spring, and of course, waiting in line to get a taste of that seasonal pumpkin spice latte.
The start of the fall season marks the beginning of something beautiful, and I'm not just talking about the weather! From making seasonal crafts, you can keep for a lifetime to visiting a farm for seasonal produce, don't forget that oh-so-elusive perfect pumpkin for carving! There is so much to do and see during the fall that you'll forget all about summer. All it takes is the memory of autumn with its orange and red leaves and that welcomed breeze in the air to remind you of what you've been missing.
But, if you're stuck on what to do with your friends and family this fall season, look no further than my Fall Bucket list! I've put together many ideas for family and friends that will surely take the sting out of saying goodbye to summer! Pick your favourites such as:
- Embrace the seasonal apple by going apple picking or making your own apple cider or apple fritters
- Channel your inner baker with pumpkin or apple pie baking
- Visit a pumpkin patch or cranberry bog
- Go wine tasting
- Visit a fall fair and check out their winding corn maze or relaxing wagon ride
- Enjoy the weather with a bonfire and smores
- Get ready for Halloween by crafting your own unique costume, baking some scary but sweet Halloween treats, or visiting a Haunted House
- Skip the Starbucks line and learn how to make your own version of the pumpkin spice latte
- Channel your creative side by making fall home décor such as a fall wreath
- Get outside by hiking the trails of local parks while enjoying the beauty of nature's changing leaves or stargazing out of the city (check out the Ontario Parks Fall Colour Report for the best views!)
- Channel your love for animals by seeing the Salmon Run on the Port Hope Ganaraska River or going horseback riding
- Enjoy a night in with a scary movie marathon
- Tap into your romantic side by going on a fall picnic date or having a playful pumpkin carving contest with your partner
If you want something a little more specific, you could always check out some of the really fun attractions, including:
- Bala Cranberry Festival October 14 - 16, 2022
- Muskoka Lakes Farm and Winery - Visit the cranberry bogs until the end of October.
- Pingles Farm - Courtice - Harvest Festival starting September 10 - Apple Picking, wagon rides, giant corn maze
- Orono Fair starting September 8 - 11, 2022
- Markham Fair September 29 - Oct 2, 2022
There will undoubtedly be something for everyone on this list and more! You'll find it hard to experience everything, so pick your favourites and enjoy the season as it's meant to be enjoyed; surrounded by family, friends, and everything beautiful that makes fall many people's favourite time of the year!
As an area specialist, Nicole Davis knows a thing or two about what to do for the fall season! Don't miss out on all these fun bucket list attractions!